Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Advent wreath {striped ribbon and oranges}

One of my favorite scandinavian christmas traditions we have is the lighting of the advent wreath. We light a candle 4 Sundays before Christmas. My kids love it. What we do is turn off all the lights in the house and just have this aglow with our Christmas tree as we sing carols and eat a homemade christmas treat. This year I invited my mom over to craft with me as we made this wreath. It was a blast!
I found some greenery to cover the wreath with. I don't know the type of tree it came from...sorry. But it was nice and soft to work with. Cut it into small pieces and than tied it onto the wreath with green floral wire. 
 {Sorry for the bad pix, my camera ran out of juice when I was about to take pix, so iphone quality it is!}
I added the candles {bought at Ikea for $1.99 a piece.} by carefully hammering a nail into the bottom of it. Than with some hot glue for extra support placed it onto the wreath. Lastly came the decorations. I dried some fresh oranges {how to post to follow}. And hot glued them on as well. Black and white Striped ribbon for more cuteness and than finished it by dusting a  small amount of gold glitter on the wreath itself. 
I can't wait to light the first candle. I almost have all my Christmas decor up now so stay tuned for more:)

~Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...